The esophagus helps move the food from the back of the throat and to the stomach in order to be digested. Esophagus cancer is a type of cancer that grows in your esophagus and assists in swallowing the food from the back of your throat and to your stomach in order to facilitate digestion. This type of cancer generally begins in the cells that line the inside of your esophagus. The tumor can develop anywhere along the esophagus and is more commonly seen in men as opposed to women. Getting timely esophagus cancer treatment can help you to get back to life faster.
People suffer from various types of esophagus cancer. And depending on the form, the doctors determine the esophagus cancer treatment:
This is the type of esophagus cancer seen in patients. It develops in the glandular cells that are not generally present in the lining of your esophagus. Barrett’s esophagus is the phenomenon that leads to such growth in cells.
It is a rare form of esophagus cancer that grows in the neuroendocrine cells. It is a cell type that releases hormones into your bloodstream when receiving signals from the nerves.
It is the second most common type of esophaguscancer, which starts in squamous cells and grows uncontrollably. These forms of cancer are strongly associated with smoking and consuming excessive alcohol.
Based on the below symptoms, the doctor will determine the best esophagus cancer treatment in India:
● Heartburn and indigestion
● Chest pain
● Weight loss
● Pain or difficulty while swallowing
In order to diagnose this cancer, doctors will assess the medical history, symptoms, and overall health at that time. Post this; you will be recommended with a test that will further determine what esophagus cancer treatment in India –
● Endoscopy – The doctor will pass an endoscope, which is a thin tube down the throat into the esophagus for examination. This ultrasound leverages sound waves to offer more information about the tumor.
● Barium Swallow X-Ray – In this, the patients have to drink a liquid, which layers the esophagus. It accentuates the esophagus in the X-rays in order to assess the problems.
● Biopsy – The doctors remove tissue or cells during endoscopy from the esophagus. These cells are assessed under a microscope to identify the presence of cancer.
After the diagnosis, the doctors will determine the stage of cancer. The higher the stage, the more advanced cancer will be. And the stage will determine the treatment for esophageal cancer:
● Stage 0 – At this stage, there is a growth of abnormal cells on the top layer that line the esophagus.
● Stage 1– Cancer cells are found in the layers of cells that go through the esophagus.
● Stage 2 – In this stage, cancer has reached the layers of the muscles or the outer layer of your esophagus. Additionally, cancer may also have spread to the lymph nodes.
● Stage 3 – At this stage, cancer has reached deeper into your inner layer of the muscle or the connective tissue wall.
● Stage 4 – This is the most advanced stage in which cancer has reached lymph nodes and body organs.
After the diagnosis following are the options for esophagus cancer treatment, you will be provided:
● Radiation therapy
● Targeted therapy
● Photodynamic therapy
The brain tumour treatment in India will depend on:
● Stage of the cancer
● Your general health
● Location of the tumour
● Size of the tumour
● Type of the tumour
In the majority of cases, brain cancer treatment India leads to surgery. The primary objective of treatment for brain cancer is to remove as much cancer as possible without damaging the healthy parts of the brain. Denvax is particularly useful for brain cancers, including WHO grade IV glioma, also called as Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM). GBM is advanced stage glioma, and is the most invasive and infiltrative type of cancer. GBM is often referred to as grade IV astrocytoma. These are the most aggressive tumors that present unique challenges one of which is the blood brain barrier (BBB). Most chemotherapeutic agents are unable to cross this BBB. Denvax works by crossing the BBB and making the cancer-fighting dendritic cells available to the tumor cells. Denvax is a safe protocol, it involves patient’s own mononuclear cells transformed into dendritic cells that are trained to do cancer killing. This is a customized treatment protocol and is a safe option. It is cancer immunotherapy, the 4th modality of cancer treatment.