The liver is an important organ that is positioned on the upper right portion of the abdomen under the diaphragm. Liver Cancer is a type of cancer that begins in your liver, and if you do not seek liver cancer treatment Delhi timely, it can spread through other parts of the body.
When deciding on the liver cancer treatment, the doctor first determines the type of cancer you have.
● Hepatocellular Carcinoma – It is also known as hepatoma and is among the most common lung cancer types, which accounts for 75% of this cancer. It develops in hepatocytes, prominent liver cells.
● Hepatoblastoma – It is a rare form of liver cancer, which is commonly found in children, especially the ones under the age of 3.
● Liver Angiosarcoma – It is a rare liver cancer that starts in the blood vessels of the organ. It is a rapidly growing cancer, so the diagnosis happens at a higher stage.
● Cholangiocarcinoma – It is popularly reckoned as a bile duct cancer as it grows within the bile ducts of the liver. When the growth is inside the section of the ducts, it is known as intrahepatic bile duct cancer.
Symptoms are also among the factors that determine what diagnosis and Liver cancer treatment in Delhi should opt for. Below are the common symptoms associated with liver cancer:
● Loss of appetite
● Unexplained loss of weight
● Pain in upper abdominal
● Vomiting and nausea
● Abdominal swelling
● General fatigue and weakness
● Chalky stools
● Yellow discoloration on the skins
Following are the diagnosis options for liver cancer:
● Liver Biopsy – It involves taking a small piece of your tissue from the liver. Generally, a needle biopsy is performed to acquire the sample tissue.
● Blood Test – It is performed in order to detect abnormalities in the function of the liver.
● Imaging Tests – MRI, ultrasound, or CT scans can be performed to get a picture of the liver for assessment and detection of abnormal growth.
When selecting the liver cancer treatment, doctors determine the stage at which the cancer development stands. Based on the stages, the severity of the liver cancer is determined. The higher the stage, the more severe cancer will be, and the more complex the treatment will be.
● T1: There is a presence of a single tumor measuring 2 cm or smaller. At this stage, the tumor does not grow into the blood vessels and does not spread to the lymph nodes or distant organs.
● T2: At this stage, there is a detection of either a single tumor which is over 2 cm has grown into the blood vessels or more than a tumor which is less than 5 cm.
● T3: More than a single tumor is detected, and one of them is larger than 5 cm.
● T4 (N1): One of the tumors has developed and spread into a prominent vein of the liver.
● Any T: One or more tumors have spread to the lymph nodes nearby but not reached distant sites.
● Any T (M1): One or more tumors have spread to lymph nodes and distant organs such as lungs, bones, etc.
When it comes to getting the right liver cancer treatment, you have to go through a diagnostic test. Based on that, the doctor may recommend you one of the following treatments:
● Liver Transplant
● Radiation Therapy
● Targeted Therapy
● Chemoembolization And Embolization