The prostate is a gland that is only found in the male and works to make some of the fluid presents in the semen. It is positioned under the bladder and in front of the rectum. Prostate cancer starts when cells within the prostate gland begin to develop out of control. There are different types, and prostate cancer treatment India depends on the form of cancer and its stage.
Here are the types of prostate cancer based on which prostate cancer treatment is determined.
● Acinar Adenocarcinoma – In this, cancer develops within the gland cells that surround the prostate gland.
● Ductal Adenocarcinoma – This cancer starts inside the cells that surround the ducts.
● Transitional Cell – It starts within the cells that surround the tube, which carry urine to the urethra.
● Squamous Cell Cancer – It grows from the flat cells that enclose the prostate.
● Small Cell Prostate Cancer – It is developed of the small round cells is a form of neuroendocrine cancer.
Irrespective of what disease you are suffering from, the body begins to give signs that you need medical attention. Here are some of the symptoms indicating that you need to look for a good prostate cancer treatment in India –
● The frequent urge to urinate at night
● Interrupted or weak flow of urine
● The need to put pressure to empty your bladder
● Frequent urination
● Blood in the urine
● Burning sensation or pain during urination
● Pain or discomfort while sitting due to inflamed prostate
● Erectile dysfunction
Cancer specialists leverage different methods to diagnose prostate cancer based on your symptoms. And based on this diagnosis, the doctor will be recommending you the right prostate cancer treatment.
● Digital Rectal Exam – The doctor will insert a lubricated, gloved finger into the rectum in order to examine the prostate for any abnormalities.
● Prostate-specific Antigen Test – Sample of your blood is drawn from the arm’s vein and examined for PSA. It is a substance that is naturally generated by the prostate gland.
If the doctors found any abnormalities in the above two tests, then the doctor will proceed to do further tests that include
● Magnetic Resonance Imaging – A MRI scan of the prostate is performed in order to generate a detailed picture.
● Ultrasound – A small probe is inserted into the rectum to create an image of the prostate gland.
● Prostate Biopsy – In this, a sample of your prostate cell is taken to analyze the growth of cancer.
Another important factor that would determine prostate cancer treatment is the stage of your cancer.
● T1 – The cancer cannot be diagnosed during the DRE or CT scan.
● T2 – In this stage, the tumor tends to be curbed to the prostate.
● T3 – The tumor has developed outside the prostate and to the seminal vesicles.
● T4 – In this stage, the tumor has spread to the tissues close to the prostate.
Following are the prostate cancer treatments in India –
1. Active Surveillance
2. Watchful Waiting
● Localized Therapy
1. Focal Therapy
2. Cryotherapy 3. Radiation Therapy
● Systemic Therapy
3. Hormonal Therapy
Prostate cancer treatment in India has advanced leaps and bounds over these last few years. A good cancer treatment facility will perform a thorough assessment and recommend the treatment based on the type of cancer, stage of cancer, and your general health conditions.